Avoiding the Pitfalls of Booking a Hakuba Hotel
Booking a Hakuba Hotel through a Travel Agent in a Shopping Mall or High Street Shop. NO!
- Do the comparisons – Dollar comparisons. As many commissions need to be factored in with High St agents.
- Client to High Street agent (commission) to agent that deals with Japanese wholesalers (commission) to Japanese wholesaler (commission) to Hakuba hotel
- Do you really need to pay three commissions to book a Hakuba hotel?
- Also, agents charge in Australian dollars and so have their prices set higher to cover any slight fluctuations in the exchange rate, if the dollar drops enough though you’ll see in the fine print they have the option to charge more or cancel your holiday, However, if the Yen goes down you still pay the same dollar price and they pocket the profits instead of you.
Or, the better option; Client to Snowbeds Travel (commission) to Hakuba hotel.
Booking a Hakuba Hotel Directly. NO!
- Snowbeds Travel has been introducing westerners to Hakuba since 1998 and as such prospective visitors often use our site to find out information about Hakuba then sometimes they Google the hotels to see if they can get a cheaper deal than booking through us. Since hotels give us wholesale rates we keep our prices the same or lower then they sell retail.
- Most hotels worldwide take bookings directly from their guests, but most of the bookings they receive are from travel agents. Hotels use agents to help them fill their rooms because agents have a broader reach and specialize in marketing and advertising leaving the hotel to specialize in running a great hotel.
Booking a Hakuba Hotel with Snowbeds Travel. YES!!
- We are an internet based company so we are cheaper than High St agents due to less overheads.
- Experience; we’ve been doing this since 1998 so we know the western market better than the Japanese suppliers and we know what you are looking for.
- We speak English.
- We offer support on the ground ie. finding lost items/children, medical help etc.(something you won’t get from the higher priced High St. agents or Hakuba hotels staff)
- Convenience, Extras; ie. Transfers, lift passes, rentals, lessons, we put custom packages together which hotels can’t do as they can’t access the products we can as agents and you can’t access them yourself either.
Please check our customer testimonials for more evidence of why we are the best way to book your next Japanese ski holiday.